Mar 9, 2018

How to Find the Right and Wrong Sides of Quilling Paper

How to find the Right and Wrong Sides of Quilling Paper - Which is wrong?

How do you find the right and wrong sides of quilling paper? 

It's barely noticeable, but your fingers will feel the slight downward facing edge created when a guillotine blade cuts down across all the sheets.
Can you spot the right and wrong sides of the coils, sitting side by side? 

How to find the Right and Wrong Sides of Quilling Paper - Wrong Side

In my latest YouTube video, I show how to spot the edges simply by shining light on the coils.

How to find the Right and Wrong Sides of Quilling Paper - S Scroll

And after all the microscopic investigation, I'd like to ask you, “Does it matter?” 
My answer would be, “Only if it bothers you.” 
If you can’t see or feel it, then I would suggest you don’t worry about it. Most non-quillers are too busy enjoying the overall quilling piece. Besides, when you quill an S-scroll, you’re faced with both a right and wrong side, and there’s not much you can do about that.

4 comments:

  1. Totally agree, C! My fingers seem to automatically feel for the 'right' side of the strip at this point, but does it matter in the look of an overall design? Only with a magnifying glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Good to hear I'm in good company, Ann! :D

      Delete
  2. Hey,I am new born to learn the papers.
    Quiling I have all things like papers etc but I don't do the quiling and join glue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to quilling! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

      Delete