Sunday, October 6, 2013
FREE Printable Snowflake and Candy Cane Party Favor Treat Box
I'm thrilled about the response I've been receiving from my free Halloween Ghost Party Favor pattern so of course I had to follow it up with a Christmas version! In this case, two patterns!
I'll repeat the steps here so you don't have to go back and forth:
1) After printing the file in color, you will need also need scissors, 1/8" hole punch, double-sided tape, and about 6 inches of 1/8" width ribbon.
2) Flip over the sheet (left to right). Place double-sided tape along the left edge and along the top right as shown by the arrows. Remove a small portion of the wax along the left and fold it down (do not remove all the wax yet).
3) Keeping your fingers on the waxed portion, roll the sheet into a tube, overlapping the gray diagonal lines. When it's aligned and straight, press the exposed adhesive. Gently pull more wax off, then press to adhere. Repeat until you have a completed tube.
4) Remove all the wax from the end of the tube.
5) Guided by the small gray line, pinch the top end closed.
6) Guided by the two small gray lines at the bottom end, pinch closed, then fold the end over toward the back. Unfold and fill with treats.
7) Punch a hole in the bottom middle. Fold your ribbon in half and thread it through partway. Take the ribbon ends and thread it through the folded ribbon, then pull until taut.
8) You're ready for a merry party!
If you’d like to receive a free PDF template of my Printable Snowflake and Candy Cane Party Favor Treat Box, simply sign up for my e-newsletter and the download link will be made available in the follow up confirmation email.
If you'd like to make your own for a wedding or other occasion, I have a template and examples in a previous DIY post: http://paperzen.blogspot.ca/2011/01/diy-party-favor.html
I also have 4 more patterns (elf, Santa, Frosty, and tree) in my Etsy store.