Jan 31, 2020

Quilling Succulents - Pattern and Tutorial

Quilling Succulents Pattern Tutorial - Aloe Vera

Quilling Succulents - Pattern and Tutorial


I'm so excited to show you my latest quilling pattern – a set of 3 potted succulents! There’s an angel wing, an aloe vera, and a barrel cactus.


Quilling Succulents Pattern Tutorial

Quilling Succulents Pattern Tutorial - Barrel Cactus

I had a lot of fun making these because they’re so versatile. They can be used for birthdays, Valentine’s Day, a thank you note - whatever you want - because you can type any message on the front. My PDF files are electronically fillable, so customize it to make it personal to you. 


Quilling Succulents Pattern Tutorial - Handmade

On the back, you can type your name and proudly tell the world you quilled this. If you want to sell your finished quilling, go right ahead.


Quilling Succulents Pattern Tutorial - Measuring

As with all my patterns, you won’t need a ruler to measure. All you need to do is lay your quilling paper on top of my pattern, mark the folds, and cut to size. 


Quilling Succulents Pattern Tutorial - Assembly

After buying my pattern, you’ll receive a link to my full tutorial, and I’ll show you how to quill each design, step-by-step. The finished cards are 4.25” x 5.5”, so you can print 2 cards onto a letter-size sheet and have no wastage. After you finish quilling your card, protect it in a pillow box envelope, which again, you can customize with anyone’s name.


Quilling Succulents Pattern Tutorial - Angel Wing

Materials

  • color printer
  • Adobe Acrobat Reader
  • quilling paper (I prefer Canson Mi-Teintes, 1/4” widths) (Watch: DIY strips)
  • needle or slotted quilling tool
  • scoring tool such as a dried up pen
  • crochet hook or something of this circumference
  • tweezers
  • x-acto knife
  • ruler
  • scissors
  • removable tape
  • glue
  • plastic cards (both thick and thin) (Why? Watch my video about glue)

Quilling Succulents Pattern Tutorial - Barrel Prick


My Quilling Succulents pattern is available in my shop.

This is the first time I’ve designed a quilling pattern such as this, and I hope you’ll let me know what you think of this idea in the comments below. Till next time, happy quilling!

You can watch a trailer about my new pattern here:





11 comments:

  1. Hi there! I finally saw your channel on YT! I am sad to see it's set for kids only. I never get notifications anymore! I just happened to find you here. Please consider changing it back to for adults so I get notified! Love your videos! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I had no idea Melinda! Thank you SO much for telling me! I had responded to YouTube's new guidelines and assumed I was telling it my channel was safe for children to watch, but didn't know it ended up affecting notifications. OK, I'm going to fix it right now! Thank you again - also for your wonderful encouragement!!!

      Delete
  2. These are adorable! Thank you for the easy to learn instructions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay that makes me so happy to hear Robin! YOU are the reason why I made this :D

      Delete
  3. This is such a clever and beautiful series of cards! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's so sweet of you Rob - thank you SO much - love seeing you here on my blog!!!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a shame that I'm from Cuba. It's forbidden for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm sorry to hear that Lianet. What part is forbidden? The purchase of digital files? I'm not sure I understand completely.

      Delete
  6. Nice and beautiful work awesome

    ReplyDelete