Mar 7, 2017

Paper Cactus and Pot - Party Favor Gift Box (SVG Files)

paper cactus succulent party favor gift box svg cutting file Cricut Silhouette

I'm in love. Tingling fingers, butterflies in the stomach, and one-track mind kind of love. I feel this way when I come up with a new paper concept. I forget to eat until what I've been thinking about non-stop is in front of me, and then I even take it to bed and sleep with it next to me on the night stand. Then I hold it in my hands and turn it every which way.




paper cactus succulent party favor gift box svg cutting file Cricut Silhouette

Sometimes a concept like this takes months for me to iron out the kinks. My paper cupcake was like that – I had to take numerous breaks because I just wasn't happy with the lid and couldn't share it with the world until it was ready to be seen.



paper cactus succulent party favor gift box svg cutting file Cricut Silhouette

This time for my paper cactus, it was so different. I made just one mock up for the cactus and nailed it on the second. I love the way the contrast of sheer vellum allows light to pass through it, accenting its fragility. Yes, the spikes are painted (both sides) and it took some time, but I really didn't mind. They're like building blocks and then when I see the twisting lobes of leaves culminating in the centre – it's just exhilarating. I even went to the extreme of printing sandy soil for the cactus to grow out of.



paper cactus succulent party favor gift box svg cutting file Cricut Silhouette

Then came the pot. I have thought long and hard about how to make it round - truly round AND of course it had to have a lip. And yet my paper creations still must serve a purpose! So of course the bottom can open and store a secret gift inside. Again, this was nailed after one mock up and I sat there shocked it was done – a paper pot without folds or creases to mar its smooth curves.



paper cactus succulent party favor gift box svg cutting file Cricut Silhouette


For me, this is poetry. Does anyone else go nuts like this? What makes you forget to eat?

My paper cactus is in my Etsy shop and the SVG files will be sent automatically after purchase. Here's a trailer for you to watch beforehand.



2 comments:

  1. Ding, ding, ding... you have a winner, Cecelia! SO cute - and useful too!

    ReplyDelete