Aug 28, 2014

Precious Memories Class: 3 Styles of Quilled Flowers



I'm going to teach another class at Precious Memories on Thursday, Sept 25, from 6:30-9pm! For this class, I plan to show several ways to quill flowers, from traditional teardrop shapes, to my open-petal style, and finally to 3D die cut fringed blossoms.




This is my favorite party favor because it's so quick and simple to make. We will be adding 6 traditional teardrop shapes and some greenery on top. You can download the template here on my past post: DIY Party Favor. When it's made of vellum, it's fun to give that visual tease when they see a hint of what's inside. 


This greeting card is made of simple squares, which frames the open-style flowers I show in my new book, Pretty Quilled Cards. I can imagine it being used for so many occasions!


I don't own a Big Shot die cutter, so I'm grateful to have the chance to try it at Precious Memories. Since they also have all letters of the alphabet and a GrandeMark, I thought a monogram was a great way to use 3D fringed flowers. The 5 flowers seen here are various die cuts (roses, fringed mums, wildflowers) made from Quilled Creations. Each student will receive a letter of their choice and the same flowers seen here (shadow box and background card stock not included).


Precious Memories is a local scrapbook store, and is the only place I know of in the Lower Mainland to stock an entire wall of quilling paper and supplies. Hurray! I can finally find quilling supplies without going online.


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm thrilled you think so Torviewtoronto! I really wanted to show that quilling has many ways to create flowers :D

      Delete
  2. Sounds like it'll be another great class! I love that little tetra gift tag thing, it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Honey, I'm definitely less nervous this time. I wish I knew how to judge time better and know if I'm giving them enough time to finish. I guess there's only one way for me to find out and just do it! :D

      You can make the tetra party favor here with my template: http://paperzen.blogspot.ca/2014/08/precious-memories-class-3-styles-of.html

      Delete
  3. Hi Cecelia, such a beautiful collection of flowers, the decorated letter is so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, you're the sweetest! Thanks so much. I hope you'll give it a try too!

      Delete