Feb 26, 2019

Quilling Letter U – How to Make Lavender Leaves Tutorial

quilling letters monogram letter u lavender leaves tutorial pattern


Quilling Letter U – How to Make Lavender Leaves Tutorial

If you've ever wanted to make quilled leaves, but didn't know where to start, this is the tutorial for you! It's easy to make these softly rounded petals grow like springs of lavender using basic quilling techniques. This greenery sprig is so quick to make – it'll be decorating all your monogram projects!



quilling letters monogram letter u lavender leaves tutorial pattern


If you're worried about how to mix and match colours in your project, try just using one color, like I did in this quilling project. Letting the quilling stand on its own to be admired for the sake of quilling is beautiful too!

As you gain confidence, replace a leaf with a lighter or darker shade of green. Keeping your palate monochromatic will ensure a cohesive look while giving the color palate some variety.




Want to start quilling the letters of the alphabet to make a monogram project? Simply lay your strip on top of my pattern, score, cut, and fold where indicated. 


Quilling Letters Monogram Template Tutorial Pattern Book




quilling letters monogram letter u lavender leaves tutorial pattern






Thank you for commenting on my blog or YouTube channel. Reading your enthusiasm is what motivates me to keep coming up with more ideas. If you end up making something, please show me – I'd love to see it!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Cecelia, this is such a beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much Ann! It was so easy and fun to make!!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Cecelia. I love this lavender sprig! As I'm in my studio today, I do believe I will add it to my work!

    Another thing I like about your eBook. When I used your letters for a special gift they were too big to fit into the frame I was using. Because it is PDF I was able to custom scale the page size for smaller letters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! So happy to hear that Lisa! I would love to see what you make when you're done!

      Yup, that's why I believe a PDF is the BEST way to provide this book. Re=sizing is so important when you want it to fit just so!

      Delete
    2. Hey, Cecelia, I posted a pick on my Facebook page and tagged Paper Zen! I made it March 2018 and took it to the North American Quilling Guild conference that May. I won second place!

      Delete
    3. Wooohooooooo!!! That's fantastic! So thrilled for you Lisa! Congrats on all your hard work! I just found your post just now - thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work!
      Cecelia

      Delete