Oct 30, 2015

Quilling “thanks” pattern


Earlier this year, I expressed my thanks to everyone who has ever given me encouragement, or helped my book process along. I had meant to give this thanks “quillography” pattern to you in return for all your support and the timing got a bit derailed with my Craftsy adventure – a happy diversion of course, but a delay in being able to give this to you sooner.

I'm so happy to tell you I've finally got the pattern files drawn out now! Each stage of every letter is illustrated step by step (wish I had the time to take photos too).

4 comments:

  1. Such an elegant design and your pattern makes replicating it completely doable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much for your feedback Ann! :You made my day :D

      Delete
  2. Do you have some sort of envelope, or box you put quilled card in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question, Brandon.

      I mostly hand deliver my cards and make my own boxes. Here is an example of a box I designed with a window so they can see what's inside it: http://paperzen.blogspot.ca/2013/03/3d-cake-collection.html

      For cards that need to be mailed, I buy a sturdy box made for jewelry, and then encase the box with bubble wrap. The box still got a bit dented going from Canada to US, but the card itself was still ok because I made sure there was a lot of depth in the box.

      What kinds of 3D cards do you make Brandon?

      Delete